Like all the speaker drivers in the K2 Power M range, 3 KM is fitted with Focal's iconic aramid fibre K2 sandwich cone. And for an even bigger performance, Focal's engineers have combined it with their famous ‘M’-profile. This shape of cone offers better frequency response and better sound dispersion, and reduces speaker driver depth. Attributes that go hand-in-hand with the power and dynamics delivered by the K2 cone. Thanks to this 3 inch (80mm) speaker driver, your system delivers faultless musical and pure, high-fidelity sound to provide the ultimate listening pleasure.
With these active K2 Power M products, you can build your own “à la carte” audio system, to create the system you really want. These powerful products are also ultra compact for easy installation into all cabins.
Sound Precision And Dynamics
- The aramid fibre K2 sandwich cone is an exclusive product born from unique know-how. Manufactured in Focal's workshops, it is composed of an ultralight foam core, sandwiched between a layer of aramid fibres and a layer of glass fibres. It is a combination of the 3 key elements of acoustics: rigidity, lightness and damping to give a precise and dynamic sound.
Unrivalled Sound Dispersion
- The ‘M’-profile combined with the K2 sandwich cone offers even better frequency response, improved sound dispersion, and reduces speaker driver depth while maintaining the signature K2 sound.
- Developed for the Sopra line of hi-fi loudspeakers, our TMD (Tuned Mass Damper) surround ® has a unique profile, designed to better control the effects of resonance and to drastically reduce the distortion associated with deformations of the cone. The speaker driver takes advantage of this patented tuned mass damper (TMD) by spreading better defined and very realistic midranges.
- Just like the Utopia M line, the K2 Power M range offers an “à la carte” audio system. Installers are free to choose from the speaker drivers on offer to create their own, bespoke system.
- A Focal technology, the progressive profile spider allows for better damping of the movements of the sandwich cones in our speaker drivers. This increases the sound's linearity, precision and dynamics.